News & Events
South Australian screen memorabilia on show at Adelaide Studios
04 April 2022
South Australia’s 50-year history of iconic screen production is being celebrated in a new permanent exhibition of South Australian screen memorabilia, now on show at Adelaide Studios.
With the SAFC celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2022, the new public display in the Adelaide Studios entrance foyer features rare and never-before-seen props, costumes and other behind-the-scenes items from iconic SAFC supported productions over the decades, including:
- Scott Hicks’ own heavily notated director’s shooting script for his Oscar-winning film Shine;
- Dev Patel’s instantly recognisable waiter’s vest from Hotel Mumbai;
- Helen Reddy record covers adapted to feature Tilda Cobham-Hervey’s face from I Am Woman;
- Fantastic costumes from action blockbuster Mortal Kombat;
- The Babadook illustrated storybook from the internationally acclaimed horror film, and much more.
The display also includes a selection of incredible award trophies from local practitioners, including the AFI and AACTA Best Film Awards for Ten Canoes and Red Dog, and an Engineering Emmy Award given to Adelaide Studios tenants Cospective in 2018 for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development.
As a further addition to the SAFC’s public celebration of the local sector, we have also launched a new series of scannable QR codes on the walls throughout the Adelaide Studios facilities which will allow people to easily access further information about every SAFC supported production from its official production poster, including cast and crew details, trailers and more.
The SAFC thanks all the practitioners and Adelaide Studios tenants who generously donated and loaned items for the new exhibition, which is viewable in the Adelaide Studios reception foyer during business hours.