News & Events
SAFC sponsored GCAP all-access tickets – apply now!
05 September 2022
The South Australian Film Corporation is proud to announce its sponsorship of Game Connect Asia Pacific (GCAP) 2022, the biggest game development conference in Australia. As part of this sponsorship, SAFC is providing all-access tickets for up to four South Australian game developers. Successful recipients will be able to attend the event and Australian Game Developer Awards. SAFC Game Development Executive Patrick Webb will assist with introductions and networking.
Taking place over the Melbourne International Games Week, GCAP provides informative presentations, valuable industry connections and a chance for developers worldwide to meet up in Australia.
This three-day event culminates with the Australian Game Developer Awards, showcasing the best Australian games released this year.
GCAP 2022 will run from Monday 3rd October, to Wednesday 5th October 2022 in Melbourne, Victoria.
What is on offer?
- Up to four successful applicants will each receive one all-access ticket to GCAP 2022, including the Australian Game Developer Awards night.
- Up to four successful applicants will receive in-person support from the SAFC’s Game Development Executive at points before, during and after the event
Travel and accommodation will need to be organised by successful applicants. For more information on passes, please visit the GCAP website here.
Who is eligible?
- South Australian independent game developers looking to upskill and connect with the wider Australian games industry
- Applicants from all independent studio sizes are encouraged to apply, including solo developers
- Funding is competitive, and applicants are expected to have a clear plan for the event including confirmed meetings
The SAFC is committed to supporting increased participation in the screen industry of people from under-represented groups including; women, First Nations practitioners, practitioners from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, Deaf or disabled practitioners, LGBTQIA+ practitioners and practitioners from regional and remote South Australia. Game Developers from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
For all the details, download the guidelines here. Submit your application for SAFC’s GCAP 2022 attendance through the SAFC’s online grant portal at safilm.smartygrants.com.au. Applications close 14th September 2022.
For more information on how the SAFC supports SA’s game development industry, go to safilm.com.au/games