News & Events
OPEN NOW: SA Screen Sector Survey – help shine a light on our screen industry
11 August 2021
Do you work in the South Australian screen sector? Are you a South Australian who creates content for screen? Have you ever undertaken screen production work in South Australia?
The South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC) has today launched a comprehensive survey of South Australia’s screen sector to measure and analyse our industry’s economic contribution to the state – and we want to hear from YOU!
The SAFC has commissioned independent consultants Deloitte to survey all corners of South Australia’s screen sector about their business activity – from screen businesses and practitioners working across film, television and online, to game development and PDV companies, production services and equipment hire companies as well as the advertising and corporate sectors – to gauge the overall economic impact that screen production has on the state.
It’s important that as many businesses as possible complete the survey, so we can measure the full size and power of our industry and our value to the state’s economy.
We want to hear from all screen businesses with activity in South Australia, including:
- Screen producers – anyone creating content for film, television or online;
- Post-production (PDV) businesses (including sole traders);
- Businesses producing screen content for corporate purposes or advertising;
- Games development companies (including sole traders);
- Freelance crew members operating as sole traders;
- Screen production equipment and service suppliers;
- Audio and visual services and suppliers;
- Other screen sector relevant businesses.
- Anyone who has undertaken screen production work in South Australia – even if not permanently based in the state.
The screen sector is a significant contributor to South Australia’s economy, creative vibrancy and cultural landscape. By taking part in this survey, you will help to shine a light on the depth and breadth of that economic impact, and help us to shape the future of the sector for all South Australians.
The South Australian Screen Sector Survey is confidential, takes about 10-20 minutes to complete and closes 6.00pm Friday 27 August, 2021. Take the survey now and you could win one of five $100 prepaid Visa gift cards!
Main image (L-R): 1st AD Rick Beecroft and 2nd AD Wayne Nassereddine working on 2067, photo by Matt Byrne; an artist at work at Mighty Kingdom, photo by James Elsby; photo by Carl Kuddell © Change Media 2019; a still from Love and Monsters showing PDV work by Mr X, image supplied.