News & Events
34 exhibitors announced for South Australian Game Exhibition 2024
25 January 2024
A 34-exhibitor line up has been revealed for Adelaide’s newest and most exciting video games expo. South Australian Game Exhibition (SAGE) takes over Adelaide Studios on Friday 16 and Saturday 17 February for two action-packed days of free fun suitable for the whole family – this year as the flagship event on the Adelaide Fringe Interactive program!
Building on the success of the inaugural event last year, SAGE 2024 has doubled in size with an extended program featuring:
- 34 total exhibitors across the main SAGE Showcase and new Elevate section, spread across both sound stages at the SAFC’s Adelaide Studios screen production facilities in Glenside;
- Informative displays from partner organisations across industry, education and more;
- A new Refuel Zone featuring food trucks and refreshments, and
- A brand new “SAGE Advice” program of panel discussions featuring local game developers and national industry experts.
The 26 South Australian games studios and developers and their games selected for the main SAGE Showcase are:
- A Few Dragons – The Sacred Acorn
- Catalyst Games – Dungeons and Dining Tables
- Daytime Devs – Super BAWK BAWK Chicken
- Dino Rocket – Kadomon: Hyper Auto Battlers
- Fringe Realities – Project: Nightlight
- HellByte Studios – Blood Reaver
- Kungfu Takeaway – Secret Agent: Cold War Espionage
- Kye Elliott-Moyle – Vincent the Vampire
- Lamplight Forest – The Infinite Fortress
- Makers Empire – Makers Empire
- Mighty Kingdom – Star Trek Lower Decks Mobile
- Mini Mammoth Games – Roving Rovers
- Ortum Games – Belt it Out!
- Paper Cactus Games – Fox and Shadow
- PixelCake – Cozy Commons
- Pond Games – Pipsqueak!
- Quiet Rift Studios – Arena Tails
- SPG Games – Puzzledorf
- Split Symmetry – Tech Hunter
- Stellar Advent – Lucie’s Potager
- Stout Heart Games & Amythica – Pick-a-Pocket
- Toasterface Games – Pedal Rebel VR
- Two Lives Left – Punchimals
- We Have Always Lived in the Forest – darkwebSTREAMER
- Wemat Studios – Box Knight
- yofrancisco – Meowing Point
SAGE Elevate is a new section on the SAGE exhibition floor created especially for this year’s event. With an overwhelming number of exhibitor applications in 2024, Elevate will boost the main SAGE Showcase exhibition with additional exhibition space for South Australian developers. The eight SA companies and their games selected for SAGE Elevate are:
Learn more about the exhibitors and games selected for SAGE 2024 via the SAGE website: www.sagameexhibition.com/exhibitors
Also new in 2024 is the SAGE Advice program of talks and discussion panels, with a range of national industry experts, local developers, funders and more speaking on topics including:
- Power up: Getting a job in game development – presented by Big Ant Studios;
- SA Great: South Australian games getting national support – presented by Screen Australia;
- Education Pathways: Finding your way into a games career through education and training;
- Supporting Game Makers: Grants, rebates, subsidy programs and support services and how to access them.
The full SAGE Advice program will be announced closer to the event.
Arts Minister Andrea Michaels said: “Australia’s video game development industry is worth $4.21 billion, and the video game development sector in South Australia is booming, growing at 47 per cent per year – the fastest employment growth of digital game development businesses in the nation.
“The SAFC’s SAGE: SA Game Exhibition is the perfect showcase for this exciting growth industry, with games on show across mobile, console, PC and VR from both emerging and established local developers highlighting the full range of creativity and capability of our local games sector.
“Congratulations to the 34 South Australian games studios and developers selected for exhibition this year – I look forward to playing their games at SAGE.”
SAFC CEO Kate Croser said: “After the mammoth success of the inaugural SAGE: SA Game Exhibition last year, the SAFC is thrilled to be presenting our exciting new South Australian video games expo again in 2024, this time even bigger and better with an expanded program, double the exhibition space and more local game studios exhibiting their works.
“Along with the SA Video Game Development Rebate, SAGE is another innovative way the SAFC supports South Australian video game development and production, and games businesses, as part of our commitment to supporting and championing all segments of South Australia’s screen industry, cementing the state’s reputation as a leading location for game development.
“We would like to thank all our generous partners and sponsors who have made the expanded SAGE 2024 program possible. We can’t wait to welcome everyone to our wonderful Adelaide Studios production facilities to see and experience the best South Australia’s games sector has to offer.”
Presented by the South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC), SAGE is a super showcase of South Australia’s video game development sector, with a huge range of locally made games on display to see and play. SAGE allows video game fans, players, enthusiasts and everyone in between to experience exciting new South Australian made games first-hand and meet the people behind them.
SAGE: SA Game Exhibition is FREE and open to all at Adelaide Studios, 1 Mulberry Road Glenside, Friday 16 February 1.00pm-6.00pm (Official opening by Arts Minister Andrea Michaels at 1.30pm) and Saturday 17 February 10.00am-6.00pm. Get your free tickets now via the Adelaide Fringe and find more information at sagameexhibition.com
REFUEL ZONE SPONSOR
- Download the full media release (2MB PDF)