News & Events
Call for Entries: 2015 My Story My Content Short Film Competition
22 July 2015
To enter My Story My Content, students must create a 60-second short film and submit it into one of the following two categories:
- Primary Schools/Students
- Secondary Schools/Students
Entries must be based on this year’s theme: ‘Movies Matter’. Your film must be about how or why movies matter and include a reference to film piracy or its impact.
Entry forms must be completed (and films and stills uploaded) through the online entry system at by midday AEST, Monday 10 August 2015.
The My Story My Content website includes the competition rules, online entry system, additional information for teachers, plus all thirty finalists’ films from 2014.
- Entry is free, and is open to all students in Australia and New Zealand.
- All films must be made specifically for this competition.
- All entries must be submitted online at mystorymycontent.com, including uploading of the short film and at least three still images from the film.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant.
- Entries close at midday AEST, Monday 10 August 2015.
- The winners will be announced at the 2015 ATOM Awards Student Awards Evening, to be held in Melbourne on Wednesday 28 October.
- The first-place prize in each category includes $1000 cash. Other prizes include DVD/Blu-ray packs, movie tickets and more.
MY STORY MY CONTENT TEACHING RESOURCE
To add further value for educators, IP Awareness has developed a free online teaching resource for My Story My Content, with clear curriculum links.
It presents a hands-on approach to making a short film and encourages students to value content from the perspective of a creator as well as appreciate their own role as citizens whose behaviour makes a difference. The unit includes:
- a lesson plan, with a step-by-step lesson outline and relevant visual links;
- a fact sheet to assist students to understand copyright and its relationship to digital citizenship;
- a resources pack to support their filmmaking process.
This resource has been developed for Years 3–10 and can be downloaded at mystorymycontent.com.
To learn more about My Story My Content, or to view any of last year’s finalists for inspiration, please visit mystorymycontent.com.
Entries close at midday AEST, Monday 10 August 2015.