News & Events
Call for Applicants: Producer’s Attachment on a short documentary shooting in South Australia
10 July 2018
The South Australian Film Corporation is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for an early career documentary producer to join a small documentary shoot in Adelaide in late July with the possibility of an extended attachment with the highly experienced Producer in Sydney.
- Producer’s Attachment – 11 weeks commencing 16 July 2018 until end of September 2018.
Applications are encouraged from people from underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal practitioners, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, regional South Australians, practitioners with disabilities and those from the LGBTQI community, in line with SAFC’s commitment to Delivering Diversity in the South Australian screen industry.
In order to be eligible for the scheme, applicants need to also meet the basic eligibility criteria as detailed in the SAFC General Guidelines & Terms of Trade as follows:
- is a South Australian resident;
- has relevant industry experience and training (outside of secondary or tertiary education);
- is not a full time student;
- has not already completed an attachment on 2 productions;
- has less than 4 credits on feature films and/or television productions; AND
- have demonstrated a commitment to producing factual/documentary content.
The selected Attachment will:
- be paid at a minimum of Level 1 MPPCA Award Rate;
- be under the supervision of a senior crew member or head of department;
- be able to spend time with each member of their department;
- complete tasks relevant to the position;
- be supervised at all times and given appropriate training;
- develop the skills and knowledge to enable them to move into paid employment once the attachment has been completed.
CLOSING DATE: 1 pm Friday 13th July 2018
Applications will be accepted via the SAFC website only. Please read the Attachment Guidelines before completing the form online.
**When filling in the form, please type “Documentary” in the PROJECT TITLE box provided.
The SAFC Crew Attachment Scheme aims to provide film production development opportunities for all emerging South Australian screen practitioners, who are interested in furthering their career and skills in the South Australian screen industry. The scheme is designed to address gaps in areas that exist (or emerge over time) within South Australia’s professional crew base.
All enquiries on the attachment positions and filling out the form should be directed to [email protected] or direct line 8394 2028.
Featured image: On set of Wolf Creek Season 2 (2017)
Photo by Sam Oster