News & Events
SAFC’s Adelaide Studios celebrates 10 years of stellar screen production
20 October 2021
Happy 10th anniversary, Adelaide Studios!
On this day in 2011 South Australia saw the official opening of the state’s first purpose-built screen production facilities in Glenside – the new home of screen production in South Australia, and the new home of the SAFC.
With two sound stages, production offices, a 100 seat screening theatre, Dolby Premier 7.1 mixing theatre and set construction workshop, Adelaide Studios is just one of the many reasons South Australia is internationally renowned for high quality screen production – along with our:
- Variety of unique and easily accessible locations,
- Experienced crews and innovative crew-boosting training programs,
- Thriving ecosystem of internationally recognised PDV studios and
- Attractive State Government incentives,
- Combined with the ease and convenience of lifestyle in Adelaide, the third most liveable city in the world!
We’re not the only ones celebrating this special milestone – check out these happy birthday messages and anecdotes from some of the many icons of Australian screen who have worked at the SAFC’s Adelaide Studios on feature films and TV series made there over the last decade.