News & Events
Call for Applications for Feature Film Attachments
26 October 2016
Cannes Film Festival Caméra d’Or-winning writer/director Warwick Thornton is set to commence filming in November on Sweet Country, a 1920s tale of an Aboriginal stockman tried for murder. The production will shoot in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
Joined by co-writers Steven McGregor and David Tranter, Sweet Country is Thornton’s highly anticipated return to the director’s chair after the acclaimed 2009 drama Samson & Delilah and 2013 documentary The Dark Side. Sweet Country is being produced by David Jowsey (Goldstone, Jasper Jones), Greer Simpkin (Goldstone, The Secret River, The Code) and David Tranter (Nganampa Anwernekenhe) with distribution by Transmission Films (Australia).
Call for South Australian Aboriginal Attachments
In line with SAFC’s Aboriginal Screen Strategy 2015-2020 and continued commitment to develop South Australian Aboriginal screen talent in the State, the SAFC invites emerging South Australian Aboriginal screen practitioners to apply for a 5 1/2 week attachment on Sweet Country, filming in South Australia and Northern Territory. The position commences Wednesday 9th November in Alice Springs and the successful applicant must be available for the entire duration of the shoot. The two crew roles on offer are:
• Director’s Attachment
• Camera Department Attachment
In order to be eligible, applicants need to also meet the criteria as detailed in the SAFC General Guidelines & Terms of Trade as follows:
• is a South Australian resident;
• has relevant industry experience and training (outside of secondary or tertiary education);
• is not a full time student;
• has not already completed an attachment on 2 films
The selected Attachees will:
• be paid at a minimum of Level 1 MPPCA Award Rate, dependent on the applicant’s experience and the crew role
• be under the supervision of a senior crew member or head of department
• be able to spend time with each member of their department
• complete tasks relevant to the position
• be supervised at all times and given appropriate training
• develop the skills and knowledge to enable them to move into paid employment once the attachment has been completed.
CLOSING DATE : Wednesday 2nd November, by COB.
Applications are accepted via the SAFC website only. Please read the Attachment Guidelines before completing the form online here.
When filling out the application form, type in the in the Box: PROJECT TITLE – Sweet Country
A Driver’s Licence is preferable. Please state whether you hold a current driver’s licence in your application.
All enquiries on the attachment position and filling out the form should be directed to:
Vicki Sugars, Manager of Production Development & Studios
Direct line: 08 8394 2026
Featured image: On set of Deadline Gallipoli (2015)