TV Drama Initiatives
South Australian TV Producer Partnership
This scheme provides an opportunity for a business partnership for South Australian screen producers and/or production companies with an acclaimed TV Production Company: Matchbox or Screentime. This initiative seeks to trigger the development and production of long running series in South Australia.
Who is eligible?
In addition to the eligibility criteria detailed in the SAFC General Guidelines and Terms of Trade, applicants are expected to be a South Australian (SA) producer or production company with at least one principal company director who has;
- Produced a feature, television or narrative drama project in South Australian in the 2 years prior to application. Projects must have secured commercial release via theatrical, broadcast or leading digital platforms;
- Have a minimum of 3 credits as a producer or executive producer on any combination of long form narrative drama project that has secured release via theatrical, broadcast or leading digital platforms;
- Ideal candidate has successfully developed a television series;
- Candidates must have knowledge of both Australian and Global TV market.
Applications Due: Monday, 4th December 2017
TV Writers Development Grant
This program seeks to provide South Australia screen producers with the opportunity to develop high end television drama series with the clear potential to reach a wide global audience. This funding will aim to ensure that TV projects are as strong as possible when competing in the market place. The SAFC are looking for engaging storytelling that will connect with audiences.
who is eligible?
In addition to the eligibility criteria detailed in the SAFC General Guidelines and Terms
of Trade, applicants are expected to be a South Australian (SA) resident with teams consisting of:
- a SA resident writer; or
- a SA resident producer or director; or
- an interstate team providing an opportunity for at least one SA resident writer’s
- involvement in the next stage of development.
Note: A solo SA resident writer, writer/director or director must include plans to attach a producer and other key creatives, to demonstrate a viable pathway for the project to move into financing and production.
Where a producer or an executive producer is attached their meaningful and continued involvement in the project must be evidenced within the development and financing plans for the project.
Interstate writing partners and/or producers must have at least four “eligible drama credits” as defined by Screen Australia.
what projects are eligible?
To be eligible, applicants must apply with a narrative driven drama TV project that is:
- A series intended for commercial release (broadcaster, major online platform,subscription channel);
- Projects that have been successful in receiving Matched Market funding from SAFC are NOT eligible to apply
Applications Due: Monday 12th Feburary 2018