AIDC Hot Docs Delegation 2020
The Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) will lead an Australian delegation of documentary and factual practitioners to attend Hot Docs, North America’s largest documentary festival and marketplace, in 2020. The South Australian Film Corporation will support one South Australian practitioner to join the delegation.
The delegation is designed with experienced producers in mind, particularly those with the capacity for co-production.
Hot Docs will take place from Thursday 30 April to Sunday 10 May 2020 in Toronto, Canada, with its world-class industry program running Monday 4 May to Friday 8 May 2020.
What is on offer?
The SAFC will offer $3,000 in funding support to one experienced South Australian documentary or factual practitioner to attend the conference and market via a competitive submission process. This funding is a contribution towards the conference registration and travel costs.
Delegation will include:
- full access to the Hot Docs Festival screenings and conference sessions
- access to apply to Hot Docs one-on-one Deal Maker meetings with Broadcasters and Funders from around the world (closing date to apply is 20 January 2020)
- access to apply to Hot Docs Distribution Rendezvous meetings with top-level distributors, sales agents and festival programmers (closing date to apply is 12 March 2020)
- access to the Hot Docs Forum, Hot Docs’ renowned international co-financing event, showcasing the best projects from around the world to a round table of international buyers and industry observers. Forum lunches are included for delegation members. (closing date to apply is 6 January 2020)
- One free film submission to the Doc Shop, Hot Docs’ on-demand digital video library for international buyers and programmers (a highly discounted rate can be negotiated for additional titles). All submitted films will be featured in a prominent playlist on the website’s homepage. The deadline to submit films for inclusion in the Doc Shop is 20 March 2020
Applicants are required to discuss their applications with a SAFC Funding Officer prior to applying.
Submit your application through the SAFC's online submissions portal.
Before you apply, please download and read the guidelines (linked above) and make sure you are familiar with the SAFC's Terms of Trade
Applications close Monday 25 November at 11.59pm ACST
Successful applicants will be notified via email by Friday 6 December 2019.
Where can I find out more?
Please contact Funding Support Officer, Jess Cahill on 08 8394 2029 or SAFC.Programs@safilm.com.au