Documentary Pitching Workshop and AIDC Market OverviewNovember 20 2017
To help South Australian documentary teams to prepare competitive and market ready documentary pitches, the SAFC will be hosting a Pitching Workshop and AIDC Market Overview on Monday, 20 November 2017 at the SAFC.
The day will be presented in two parts:
1. A full-day Documentary Pitching Workshop presented by Susan MacKinnon, Independent Producer and Moderator of the AIDC Pitch ‘FACTory’. The workshop will teach participants how to craft a winning application and how to deliver the perfect pitch. Entry to the Documentary Pitching Workshop is competitive and applicants will be selected on the strength of their project.
2. An AIDC Market Overview showcasing the opportunities on offer for South Australian filmmakers at AIDC 2018 presented by Alice Burgin, Conference Director AIDC 2018. This session is open to all South Australian documentary film practitioners and will be followed by light refreshments.
Documentary Pitching Workshop: 9am -5pm
AIDC Market Overview: 5pm-6pm
Sessions will be held at the South Australian Film Corporation
Attendance at the AIDC Overview is a prerequisite for SAFC subsidised registration at AIDC 2018.
Applicants to the Documentary Pitching Workshop may apply as individuals or as teams. Applications must include a South Australian based producer with documentary credits for broadcast or online platforms.
How to apply
For the Documentary Pitching Workshop: South Australian based documentary producers should submit their;
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. A one-page synopsis of their pitch ready project and status of their project
3. A producer’s statement describing how the workshop will benefit their project
4. Link to Trailer (if available)
Submissions for the Documentary Pitching Workshop should be sent to SAFC.email@example.com by 9am on Monday 13 November 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday 16 November 2017.
To register your attendance at the AIDC Market Overview please email SAFC.firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 14 November 2017.
About the Presenters
Susan MacKinnon has worked as an independent producer for over 25 years, winning international awards and critical acclaim for her documentaries. Her credits include Paul Kelly – Stories of Me, The Oasis, Life In Movement and Honeybee Blues. Susan was a founder and director of the Documentary Australia Foundation, established in 2006 to bring filmmakers and philanthropists together. Susan was formerly the Documentary Investment Manager at the Film Finance Corporation. She served for six years as a Board Director of the South Australian Film Corporation, and was a founding member and Board Member of the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC). Susan is now a member of the International Documentary Advisory Committee for Hot Docs, Canada and the producer and moderator of the AIDC pitch FACTory.
Alice has over a decade of festival and conference curation experience in Australia and overseas. Prior to her appointment as AIDC Director, Alice successfully programmed the 30 year anniversary AIDC conference. She has previously held programming roles at Tribeca Film Festival and POV and was the campaign director of the award-winning documentary Bully.