- Seed Company Development
- Screen Culture Grants
- Business Development Grant
1. Seed Company Development
Submissions: Further rounds yet to be announced
SAFC stimulates screen production in South Australia by providing sustained development assistance in the form of a business enhancement scheme.
The Seed Company Development program is designed to help support South Australian production companies develop outstanding projects and significantly expand their business by attracting private capital and market place partners.
To apply for Seed Company Development at least one principal company director should have:
- A minimum of three credits as producer or executive producer on any combination of narrative driven drama or documentary project, that has secured commercial release via theatrical, broadcast or digital platforms; or
- One credit as a producer or executive producer on a feature film selected for a major film festival (eg Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Sundance or Toronto, or IDFA, Hot Docs).
Successful applicants will need to discuss reporting requirements directly with SAFC.
1.1 Seed Grant 1 – Talent Grant
Submissions: Can be received as part of the application for Seed Company Development; or at any time once an application for Seed funding has been approved.
SAFC supports the development of outstanding and creative South Australian talent. The Seed Grant 1 – Talent Grant provides additional funding to assist South Australian individuals identified as having talent and potential to develop as a key creative practitioner.
The grant provides part-funding for a training wage and professional development activities for an agreed period of time.
Companies who are recipients of the SAFC’s Seed Company Development funding are eligible to apply for funding.
Seed Grant 1 - Talent Grant- Guidelines
Application & Addendum forms:
Seed Grant 1: Talent Grant - Addendum Form
Reporting & Acquittal forms
Seed Grant 1: Talent Grant - Practitioner Report Form
Seed Grant 1: Talent Grant - Report and Acquittal Form
1.2 Seed Grant 2 – New Project Grant
Submissions: Submissions can be received as part of the application for Seed Company Development; or at any time once an application for funding has been approved.
SAFC Supports Seed recipients.
The New Project Grant supports companies funded through the Seed program to collaborate with third party creatives and develop new outstanding, original and creative South Australian content additional to their current slate of projects.
Application & Addendum forms
Seed Grant 2: New Project Grant - Addendum Form
Reporting & Acquittal forms
Seed Grant 2: New Project Grant - Additional Information
Seed Grant 2: New Project Grant - Report and Acquittal Form
Succuessful applicants will need to discuss reporting requirements directly with SAFC
2. Screen Culture Grants
Submissions: Friday 3 November 2017
SAFC funding is provided to organisations whose core activities and programs significantly contribute to the promotion and development of screen culture and professional development outcomes for South Australian screen industries in line with the SAFC’s strategic plan.
Programs that are eligible to apply for funding include:
- Programs and events that promote the profile of the South Australian screen industry on a national stage and advance development, production, exhibition and marketplace outcomes for the local industry.
- Programs that deliver concrete professional development outcomes for South Australian practitioners in line with the priority target areas identified by the SAFC.
- Programs that have been developed in collaboration with the SAFC and other relevant industry organisations representing the interests of stakeholders in the relevant industry sectors.
Examples of priority professional development goals identified by the SAFC include:
- Professional development for ATSI practitioners;
- Digital media professional development (development and production of narrative-driven interactive projects, cross-platform projects and transmedia marketing and distribution);
- Development, production, financing, marketing and distribution of short films, web series, low budget features and television projects;
- Professional and project development for key creatives, ie producers, screenwriters and directors; and
- Professional development for crew roles
- In addition to other professional development outcomes, programs delivering or complimenting those delivering tangible project outcomes will be viewed favourably.
Assessment of applications will take place in one round per year subject to available funding.
Apply using the online form
PLEASE NOTE: Your Application Form will expire 30 days after receiving the confirmation email to your custom form. You must submit you application within 30 days or your data will be lost.