Gain the benefits of using South Australia for your next production – unique locations, innovative funding incentives, experienced and dedicated crews and world-class studios. The SAFC will work with you to tailor a package that best suits your project.
Start the conversation now.
Contact SAFC Production Attraction & Development Executive, Sarah Lancaster on +61 8 8394 2024 or email@example.com
To be eligible for the state incentives, your production needs to be wholly or largely undertaken in South Australia and/or employ a South Australian professional crew including key creatives.
- Production Investment: Receive 10% of your South Australian production spend as investment (up to $300,000).
- Adelaide Studios Incentive: In addition to Production Investment, if you hire the Adelaide Sound Stages, you can receive up to 60% of your studio spend returned as SAFC investment. This is an uncapped offer.
- Post-Production Support: Receive up to 10% of the South Australia Post Production spend up to a maximum of $150,000. Funding provided as a grant.
- Payroll Tax Exemption: The payroll tax rate in South Australia is 4.95% on qualifying wages paid in the state. The SAFC can assist with applying for an exemption up front.
- Revolving Film Fund (RFF) Loan: Loans are available with rates based on the 90-day Bank Bill rate, plus a 3% margin
Federal government financial incentives are administered via Screen Australia.
- Location Offset: 16.5% Location Rebate
- Post, Digital & Visual Effects (PDV) Offset: 30% Qualifying PDV Expenditure (QAPE) Rebate
- The Producer Offset & Co-Production Treaties: Qualifying Australian Production Expenditure Rebate of 40% for Films, 20% for Television (inc. Official Co-Productions)
Local Crews & Industry
The South Australian film crew features some of the most experienced screen practitioners in the country renowned for their can-do attitude and award-winning results. We can put you in touch with location managers, line producers, casting directors, production manages and others – to help guide your project with commitment and passion. Their expert knowledge of local environments, conditions and personnel will ensure you get things done on time and within budget.
The SAFC has long-established relationships with local businesses specialising in the provision of equipment hire, legal services, financing, insurance, accounting and more.
Unlock added incentives and maximise the value of your production by co-producing with a local partner.
To view and/or download information about SA crew and Co-Producing partners, visit our Crew & Services Directory.
Adelaide Studios: Integrated Production
Adelaide’s purpose-built studio complex houses two brand new sound stages plus advanced integrated production and editing technologies at the forefront of production for film, television and online mediums. Adelaide Studios is 5 minutes from Adelaide’s CBD and is a hub of local industry. For full details visit the Adelaide Studios page.
Excellence in Post-Production, Animation & VFX
Some of the world’s best VFX, post and sound companies call South Australia home including Rising Sun Pictures and KOJO. Our internationally recognised sound and editing post-production, animation and digital visual effects companies combine new and emerging technologies to deliver world class results for any project. From pre through to post, South Australia has you covered.
Check out our Made in SA Showcase to see the quality and breadth of projects made in South Australia.